AGKK Karate and Martial Arts lessons for beginners, children, adults, and families throughout Brisbane.
This beginner’s Karate class is for those who have no previous experience with karate or martial arts lessons. You can attend one free Martial Arts trial lesson to try our Karate and Martial Arts lessons for beginners or experienced students.
What to wear at your first Karate lesson?
When attending trial lessons just wear comfortable clothes for training/exercise – e.g. shorts, skins, track pants, t-shirt, etc. and you are most welcome to bring a drink bottle and towel. Uniforms can be purchased after your free karate lesson.
AGKK Goju Ryu Karate welcomes martial arts students with any amount of previous experience to train at our Dojos throughout Brisbane. Our friendly and welcoming staff will find the perfect class for you to choose from 7 days per week.
In our AGKK Karate family, every movement has a practical function for Self Defence and everyday living.
Beginners welcome to come and train with positive people.
We welcome beginners to advanced students from children to adults and families of all ages and abilities. Whether you want to become an expert, learn practical Self Defence, sharpen your mind, tone your body, improve your confidence, or get fit and flexible, we will make it happen with our AGKK martial arts training.
Children beginner Martial Arts classes and Karate lessons
We have a strong experienced reputation in teaching life skills –enabling young children to grow up as mature and responsible adults. For example, all students are expected to be mindful, attentive, respectful, and well-mannered.
Congratulations! You have made a very positive decision as a parent –for your child to start training at AGKK Karate and martial arts.
It means your child will get:
- Dedicated, nationally qualified, and highly experienced instructors and mentors who have devoted decades to training
- An all-encompassing curriculum focused on child development and skills and techniques based on their age, ability and level.
- Useful and essential skills like stranger danger and dealing with bullies
- Increased confidence, respect for oneself and others and a renewed outlook on life at home, school that is developed through their martial arts training
- A professionally developed character development program
Positive self-development occurs for children as a result of this positive social structure.
Our Karate training improves focus, confidence, attitudes, and behavior by promoting a sense of humility, ethics, and self-discipline, through the culture and social structure of the dojo.
Beginner Karate and Martial Arts classes and lessons for Adults and families
- Outstanding weight loss that builds muscle tone
- Improved strength and endurance that keeps you active and energetic
- Heightened discipline and willpower to reach all of your goals
- Reduction in your day-to-day stress levels
- A great boost in your self-confidence
Karate for adults and families is a great way to get fit and healthy! Regular exercise ensures we remain healthy, supporting our core strength and maintaining good health, not to mention making us feel generally inspired and motivated.
AGKK Karate has a COVID-Safe Plan.
Key points are:
- Mandatory check-in when entering the Dojo
- Hand sanitizers to be used when entering and leaving the building
- Masks to be worn when inside the building for people aged 12 and above. Masks do not have to be worn during training.
- COVID-Safe Plan is regularly reviewed to ensure that it meets government regulations and helps maintain the health and wellbeing of all students.