Corporate meditation has been shown to produce benefits for both companies and their employees.
Meditation classes reduce stress, develop a calm mind and heighten awareness – that’s why leading companies have embraced corporate meditation classes (also known as mindfulness training or mindfulness meditation), including Apple, Google, Nike, and Yahoo! to name just a few.
An increasing number of scientifically-backed studies indicate that meditation can greatly improve performance, efficiency, memory, strategic thinking, stress management, and creativity. Large and highly influential corporations promote meditation among their staff.
Skills for Workplace Meditation runs regular corporate meditation workshops (for groups or individuals) for those who are interested in gaining dramatic improvements in the workplace.
Studies estimate that we only use 10% of our brain’s power. This means we have the scope to improve the performance of our mental faculties tremendously. All that we accomplish and achieve in life is based upon thought. We think before we act – if we want to enjoy greater success and achieve more, we need to increase the clarity and power of thought. This automatically happens as one of the major benefits of Skills for Workplace Meditation. Through these meditation workshops thought becomes increasingly more silent, refined and powerful so that after meditation, all of our actions produce more powerful results with greater success.
Why Skills for the Workplace Meditation?
Our corporate meditation classes can help business owners, managers, employees, groups, and teams to:
- Cultivate workplace performance
- Enhance efficiency and focus
- Improve memory
- Strengthen strategic thinking
- Improve stress management and ability to cope under pressure
- Heighten creativity
- Create a more positive, energetic environment
Enrol in a corporate meditation class
Skills for the Workplace Meditation provides corporate meditation workshops, courses and coaching and in and around Brisbane. For more information, or to arrange a session/s or course for your business, you are welcome to contact Bernie on 0409 474 494 or by filling out the bookings form.
Meditation Improves Performance in the Workplace
Optimal performance in the workplace
At the heart of every successful business are its people. Developing performance psychology skills in your team can improve productivity, organisation, and performance.
Bernie can provide comprehensive individual and team training to help achieve clarity and focus in the workplace. Guided by principles of time and focus management strategies at work can benefit the business and encourage professional growth and development.
By examining how thinking influences what we do, and how we respond under stress, individuals will learn how to develop their awareness and ability to be in the present moment. By challenging common perceptions, and restructuring simple processes, Bernie can show how performance psychology can act as a navigation tool for success.
Workplace training is offered for:
- Performance enhancement
- Stress management
- Identifying key values & goals
- Mindfulness strategies & programs
Reduction of Stress and Anxiety
Regular practice of Skills for Workplace Meditation is an effortless way to perform at our peak. It releases deep accumulated stresses and tensions within the nervous system, enabling us to cope well under pressure. It also restores the system to a natural state of balance by relaxing the mind and body to a profound level. Within a few days of learning, many new meditators comment that they feel healthier and have higher levels of energy. They also report a greater sense of well being and feeling happier within themselves. There are also countless scientific studies on the benefits of meditation.
Skills for Workplace Meditation is a crucial key to your own personal growth and development. It is a superior way to enrich your business and personal life.
- Higher staff morale – Reducing stress in the workplace means your employees will be happier and feel more positive about your organisation.
- Reduced absenteeism – Workplace pressures cause a range of physical and emotional illnesses (including depression). Stress suppresses the immune system so that it takes longer to recover from non-stress-related illnesses. This results in a loss of work hours.
- Reduced workers compensation claims – Stress-related claims account for almost 30% of all WorkCover claims and are about twice as expensive as other claims.
- Reduced staff turnover – Employees who aren’t coping with stress at work are more likely to leave.
- Employees with better mental focus – Research shows that mindfulness meditation increases mental abilities; especially the ability to focus.
- Better inter-staff relations – When people are stressed at work, tempers flare and relationships can sour, leading to less co-operative, less cohesive teams, which decreases productivity.
- Better customer service – Staff who aren’t stressed will be more pleasant to your clients and provide better customer service.
- Higher productivity
All of the factors mentioned above will increase productivity and improve your bottom line. Additionally, the fact that many people think less clearly when they’re over-stressed means your staff will make better decisions when effective stress management strategies, such as mindfulness training, are implemented.
Short term and long term effects
Mindfulness meditation has the short term effect of reducing stress and clearing the mind. When practiced regularly over a period of time, it has a cumulative effect, so that regular meditators are less affected by stress compared to non-meditators. Even if a person hasn’t meditated recently, research shows that their resilience increases.
About our Corporate Meditation Training Course
Our workplace meditation course series teaches your staff new skills, tools, and techniques for stress management, resiliency and wellbeing.
Our sessions can include:
- How to effectively manage stress through relaxation techniques
- How to deal with the mind and negative emotions
- Relaxation Meditation one of the deepest states of relaxation, powerful in its rejuvenation qualities
- Optimal posture and light stretches (work clothes are fine)
- A talk about attitude/positivity/awareness and the connection between body and mind
- Discussion about obstacles to meditation
- Recent research findings
- Different ways to relax (including mindfulness)
- Simple, practical breathing exercises
- How to integrate meditation and relaxation into your daily life
- Questions and discussion
Recent research into the benefits of workplace meditation show that six weekly sessions of 20 minutes a day can reduce feelings of stress by more than 10 percent, as well as improve sleep quality.
Flexible delivery options:
Our workplace meditation training can be delivered as a series of classes or as a one-off workshop.
Our most popular options are:
- A one-off, one-hour practical meditation and relaxation class to introduce techniques and teach some practices which can be easily integrated into daily life.
- A series of meditation and relaxation sessions, equipping staff with knowledge and tools for long term benefits.
Our Business Services offer a full range of programs to keep your workplace healthy and productive.
Mindfulness and Meditation
Mindfulness is paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgementally. Developing the skill of Mindfulness has benefits to enhance performance and wellbeing. Bringing present-moment awareness to what one does enhances the experience, and tasks are performed better when fully focused on the task. It is this concentrated focus that may help with the finding improved function in performance. Present-moment awareness is cultivated through mindfulness training, and there are a number of approaches that develop the skill of mindfulness. Create a mindful edge in sport, work, and life.
Bernie offers a range of training programs for groups and individuals interested in developing mindfulness, awareness, and calm in their lives. Equally relevant across high-performance arenas and personal quality of life scenarios, Bernie’s training will provide you with psychological skills training that can help you to achieve your specific goals. His programs can help you to identify what is important to your work/life, set appropriate goals in service of your identified values, and take action towards what you want to achieve.
I provide group sessions in 2 key areas: Stress Management and Mindfulness Meditation.
Sessions and Training programs are tailor-made for the individual/ group or business.
- Business and workplace settings
- School students and Schools
- Athletes and coaches
- Sporting teams such as Rugby league, Soccer Rugby Union
- Potential benefits of these training programs include improved resilience to stress, greater clarity of values and goals, and development of mindfulness strategies and skills
When we launched our employee wellness program we were looking for a business which can provide us the services tailor-made to our needs. With AGKK Meditation Services we found that flexibility. Their willingness to help and their excellent approach helped each staff member and was enjoyed by our staff.
After being suggested that I try meditation as a way to relax and think clearly, I decided with some apprehension to give it a try. I was however, pleasantly surprised by the Skills for Life Meditation method. With the guidance of Bernie Sensei, I found it relatively easy to reach a state of clarity and peace. Being a busy professional, building the daily ritual into my busy schedule has been the hardest part. Now that I have experienced the benefits of Skills for Life Meditation, daily meditation is now a priority in my life. If you are looking for a way to release stress, I highly recommend that you talk to Bernie Sensei, he will ensure that you get the best experience and help you to be more productive, relaxed and better manage life’s challenges.
We work in a demanding, high pressure environment that requires a high degree of creativity, multi-tasking and creative thinking. To help manage our daily stresses we found Skills for Life Meditation felt like a much more natural way to meditate: it was easy to understand and the benefits were instant. We practice it on a daily basis and are already experiencing less stress, more creativity and a happier workplace.
Staff well-being has been significantly enhanced by the programs offered by AGKK Meditation Services. We are now a more connected, engaged and committed staff the mediation workshops had many and varied benefits to each individual’s emotional and physical wellbeing.
‘Our team had an inspiring morning uncovering our creative and hidden skills! It really helped us focus on what were the key values we wanted to bring to our new team. Would highly recommend this team building experience to any corporate group who wish to get to know each other better, develop values to work.’ Stephen Wilson. We learned processes to incorporate into our everyday working environment. A good way to relieve stress & have fun at the same time.
These outstanding meditation sessions and mindfulness training have provided invaluable techniques that I will continue to use in future to manage my stress. I highly recommend the workshops for other people within business.
Make a Booking
For more information, or to arrange a session/s for an individual, group or workshop/s for your school, you are welcome to contact Bernie on 0409 474 494 or use the inquiry form below.