Build Your Confidence and Fitness with Self-Defence Training
Attending a self-defence training class is beneficial for your mental and physical health.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Self-Defence Private Classes
These are some of the mistakes people make when attending these classes.
- Failing to research the martial art school. There are many different kinds of martial arts; each of them has a different focus. Your fitness level may not be up to the standard offered by a particular martial art or self-defence class.
- Dropping out of class too early. Martial arts is about learning every day and requires patience. The more classes you attend, the more you realise that the physicality of it isn’t required in real-life. The error most people make is they learn a little and then decide that they’re good enough to use the art as a physical tool only.
- Disclosing your training to the world. The idea of attending these classes is to help you live better, both physically and mentally. Boasting about your skills puts you in danger of disclosing your secret weapon. You could be alerting a would-be attacker to your ability which they can prepare for and possibly still harm you.
Engaging in these classes are supposed to enrich your life and provide an energy balance. Avoid these mistakes to maximise the training.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of the One-on-One Self-Defence Classes
Taking private classes will help you achieve your goal or be prepared for any situation.
- Stay committed to the training. Private lessons bring a certain amount of pressure along with it. Because you are the focus of the class, it can be daunting, but if you place your trust in your instructor, it could be a significant advantage.
- It is a fantastic way to learn at your own pace. Sometimes you could get lost in a large room of people, and you end up not learning anything or getting it wrong. This way, you take your time to perfect every lesson since you’ll have the full attention of your trainer.
- The one-on-one self-defence classes are tailor-made to your requirements. If you’re struggling with a particular area of training, you have full access to understand your movements, thus enhancing your learning and progress.
There is no substitute for the one-on-one attention that you receive with private lessons. You can get yourself up to speed and when the time is right, reintroduce yourself into group classes.
Why Australian Goju Kai Karate (AGKK) is Cost-Effective
Ultimately Australian Goju Kai Karate is here to help develop you as an individual. You will improve your fitness levels, and self-confidence and prepare yourself for any potentially harmful encounter. Apart from the physical aspects that we teach, you will learn to resolve disputes passively and uplift your all-round mental health.
You can book a free lesson to test the waters and understand what it feels like to be in a self-defence class. In the end, your body and mind will be grateful to you. Your self-confidence will be booming, and you’ll be ready to take on the world. With three fantastic dojos, contact Australian Goju Kai Karate for a private or group lesson.