Why You Should Take Self Defence Classes for Seniors
It is never too late to take up a new lifestyle practice, that’s why Australian Goju Kai Karate offers self-defence classes for seniors. Our courses allow people to feel safe and in control of their own body, which is vital later in life. This control also allows seniors to accompany their children and grandchildren in learning karate, cultivating a stronger family bond.
Things You Can Learn From Self Defence For Senior Citizens
The benefits of regular karate practice are both mental and physical. Don’t wait around when you could be learning new skills for the rest of your life.
- Confidence: Getting older is filled with many unknowns, but your safety doesn’t have to be one of them. When you learn self-defence, you can be confident you’ll be able to protect yourself from potential dangers. You won’t need to worry about relying on others in such situations when we teach you how to handle yourself.
- Control: No matter what age you are, it can sometimes feel as though your body is getting away from you. By practising specific body movements, you can feel a restored sense of connection with yourself you may have lost before. This sense of control can keep you motivated to try other types of physical work besides karate as well.
- Strength: Joints and muscles that aren’t kept in use are bound to start deteriorating. The moves taught in self-defence focus on efficient movements that do not require brute strength or excessive flexibility, but the repeated physical motions will still help you stay active and strong.
The Best Advice You Can Hear Regarding Self Defence Classes for Senior Citizens
Many people start karate but sticking with it will require a few things from you:
- Be Patient: Like any good skill, learning karate takes time. It’s important not to throw yourself in and expect results immediately. Muscle memory and skills are built over repeated training and with sincere dedication. Remember why you’re doing this, and the time will fly by as you develop a passion for the practice.
- Start Now: The sooner you begin, the sooner you will see results. Even short seminars can go a long way towards teaching you the basics. Starting today will get you onto the path of personal defence and increase your sense of daily safety.
- Practice at Home: Our group and individual classes will give you room to learn your new moves, but those are just small snippets of your daily life. Finding time to practice at home will make the largest difference in developing your strength and control. See if you can get a friend or family member to train with to help keep both of you motivated.
Australian Goju Kai Karate’s Sensei has over 30 years of experience in Goju Kai Karate and shares his knowledge with pupils in his various locations. Protecting yourself is becoming ever more important in an increasingly volatile world, and we are here to help. Don’t leave your safety up to chance. Enrol in our self-defence classes for senior citizens in Brisbane and surrounding areas by contacting us today.