Discover the Positive Benefits of Karate for Children in Brisbane
Have you ever considered the benefits of karate for children in Brisbane? The truth is there are many, and at Australian Goju Kai Karate, or AGKK, you’ll find an excellent resource for your child. From building confidence and improving self-esteem to equipping your child to manage tough situations of conflict, this is one experience that can prove fundamental to their development.
About the Professional Staff at Australian Goju Kai Karate
Knowing who will teach these children’s self defence classes in Taigum is important for many parents. Check out these fast facts about our staff:
- AGKK is led by Sensei Bernie Haughey, a highly trained and proficient karate instructor who has enjoyed the opportunity to learn directly from the Japanese masters themselves. Understanding and respecting this privilege and awesome responsibility has led us to develop programs that focus on the ethics and etiquette inherent to the true spirit of karate.
- All our staff portray a focus on creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for all, no matter your age or ability. We’ve had students as young as 3 and as old as 80 in our studio, and we’ve welcomed all with open arms and smiling faces. Let us show you what it’s like to learn and develop skills in self defence and the martial arts in an encouraging environment where all levels of abilities enjoy respect and support.
- We continually work on improvement, whether it is learning new ideas and techniques from those in the umbrella organisation in Japan that oversees all Goju Ryu studios or studying up on the biomechanics of movement and how our bodies respond to those movements. Everything is in service of ensuring those who attend our classes have the opportunity to learn from the best.
Prepare Your Child for a Visit to a children’s Self Defence Class in Redcliffe
Do you think you’ll move forward with enrolling your young one in a class for children’s martial arts in QLD? Here’s how you can get them ready for the experience:
- Take the time to explain what karate is all about in its simplest terms — we’ll do the rest. In other words, it’s important to make a distinction between the practised, measured form of martial arts we teach for children’s self defence in Brisbane and some of the more combat-oriented pursuits out there today. Remember, ultimately, it is not about the striking and kicking — it’s about the deeper lessons to be learned.
- Let them know that they will be among others in their age group, so there is plenty of opportunity for making friends. This should be an exciting social opportunity for your child as well as a confidence-booster.
- Consider whether private lessons are the better way to go for your family. For shy children or those with particular needs, we are happy to accommodate one-on-one or family lessons that can create a more acceptable atmosphere. Let us know what you need, and we will work to accommodate you.
The History of Australia Goju Kai Karate
Operating for nearly two decades now, AGKK is a part of the larger organising body for Goju Kai karate. The form first developed more than a hundred years ago, has undergone a distinct evolution thanks to its founders and subsequent master teachers. Throughout our existence, we’ve kept closely in touch with those roots. Discover what your child can learn from that experience when you contact us today.