Australian Goju Karate Can Provide Participants with New Perspectives
When it comes to developing self-confidence, improving fitness, and learning a new skill, Australian goju karate easily ticks all the boxes — and then some. At AGKK, you’ll find an incredible opportunity to learn a storied martial art with a long history.
What You Should Know About AGKK Karate
Thinking about stopping by to try a class? Here’s what to keep in mind:
- We welcome everyone into our studios, from children to adults and even whole families. It’s perfectly fine if you have no experience with martial arts at all — learning is what this is all about.
- We provide a range of services perfect for businesses to use in assessing and improving their responses to risk while fostering a company culture that encourages employees to be proactive. The lessons to be learned from martial arts can be widely applicable to businesses, while also helping to foster healthier, happier attitudes in employees.
- We provide both public and private lessons to allow you to learn in an environment and at a pace that is comfortable for you.
A History of AGKK in QLD
Our heritage is an important part of what we do, as we strive to honour those who came before us with our actions and efforts. Here’s a quick look at our history:
- Our roots stretch far back into history and overseas, drawing upon more than 140 years of history in the development of Goju Ryu karate. Springing from a form of martial arts developed based on Chinese forms first in the mid-19th century, Goju karate came into its own in the early 20th century thanks to its founder and father, Chojun Miyagai.
- We’ve since spent years honing our own skills while deepening our understanding of the principles underpinning Goju Ryu karate. Led by Bernie Sensei, we frequently enjoy visits from major practitioners from Japan to practice and learn.
- Today, we proudly provide one of the leading experiences for learning this fantastic martial art through AGKK in Brisbane. Owing to our deep cultural roots and direct connection to the original Japanese grand masters of Goju Kai, we are able to provide an experience that our students find extremely useful.
Little Known Facts about AGKK Karate
Did you know that you can easily break down the words “Goju Ryu” into their component parts to understand what they mean? In Japanese, “go” and “ju” mean “hard” and “soft” respectively, while “ryu” means “way” — thus giving us the name of this discipline, the “soft-hard way,” a name that reflects the softness of one’s own body when defending, but the hard and swift nature of return strikes. “Kai,” another word you’ll see often, means “organisation” and refers to the group of practitioners of Goju Ryu.
Using AGKK in Northlakesto learn karatecan be a transformative experience that helps you tap into potential you may not have even known you had. For parents, a martial arts class can be an excellent opportunity to build confidence in children while immersing them in a positive environment filled with their peers. To discover more about AGKK, contact us today.