Find Goju Kai Karate and Other Brisbane Self-Defence Classes at AGKK
Goju Ryu or Goju Kai karate is a traditional form of karate in Japan and one that uses both hard and soft techniques. “Hard” techniques in karate include closed-hand movements and straight, continuous attacks while “soft” techniques involve open-hand methods and circular movements. It’s the combination of the two that makes Goju Ryu so effective. The founder of this discipline, Chojun Miyagi, says that this type of karate had the power to “build character, conquer human misery, and help participants find spiritual freedom”. At Australian Goju Kai Karate in Brisbane (AGKK), we offer a range of public and private lessons for students of all ages.
Benefits of Goju Kai Karate in Brisbane
The benefits of training in karate are similar to those of any physical activity such as tennis or gymnastics. However, martial arts has the added advantage of psychological and spiritual improvements as well. Here are a few of the specific benefits of taking karate classes.
- Physical fitness. Karate is a demanding physical activity yet one that is appropriate for people of all ages and fitness levels. Work at your own pace and improve your fitness level as you go.
- Mental fitness. All martial arts require a great deal of focus. Blocking out distractions, observing your opponent, and anticipating their next move all help strengthen your mental acuity.
- Self-confidence. Men, women, and children can all build self-confidence from not just knowing more about self-defence but also from the satisfaction of achieving continually harder and more advanced goals.
Tips Regarding Goju Karate Classes
Enrolling in a karate class can be extremely rewarding when it comes to your health and overall well-being. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your experience.
- Approach classes with the right mindset. Karate is challenging; you will sweat, you will be tired by the end of class, you may experience sore muscles, and you will get hurt now and then. Keep an open mind and be ready for a challenge and you will discover a highly rewarding experience.
- Practice outside of class. Just as with any other skill, practice is essential to perfecting your technique. Take the new skills you learn in each class and practice them over and over until they are second nature.
- Respect your class, your instructors, and your fellow students. Show up on time for class so that you don’t miss valuable instruction and participate in class to the best of your ability.
These tips will help ensure that you get the most value out of your Goju Karate classes.
Classes for Goju Karate in Brisbane
At AGKK, we offer life skills training in martial arts and self-defence. We have three convenient locations in Brisbane and a wide range of classes suitable for students of all different ages, skill levels, and goals. For over 15 years, we’ve been providing exceptional service and quality martial arts instruction to the Albany Creek, Bracken Ridge, and Taigum areas. Contact us today to learn more about our classes.