School Student Self Defence and anti-bullying training throughout Brisbane
We are education Self Defence specialists in anti-bullying programs/workshops/lessons, saying “No” to violence, stranger awareness, all-inclusive safety and personal student self defence security programs.
Short simple workshops suitable for Primary and Secondary School aged children delivered by specialist instructors at your school.
Prevention, sound strategies and proactive solutions are essential components in the workshops
Our professional instructors teach through positive motivation to ensure your students have a great experience learning about Self Defence. We educate students on protective behaviours and conflict resolution to help them avoid problems arising in the first place.
School Self Defence Programs provide the opportunity for children and teens to explore a range of simple yet practical skills that improve the ability to effectively resist unsafe, threatening or assaultive behaviour, such as harassment, bullying and physical abusive situations. Our programs are suitable for both Primary and Secondary Schools and Colleges. The sessions cover content is specific to the dangers of the age and gender of the group, we tailor our programs to suit your students and what they may be currently facing and to prepare them for what could possibly lie ahead.
Teenage Students Safe Self Defence Secondary Program
AGKK Self Defence offer safe, responsible and positive personal security and safety programs/workshops/lessons that teenage students (and teachers) enjoy. The Teenage safe program has been a very popular program with schools and youth services groups. This is not a karate or sales class.
This is a proven method of educating teenagers in regards to how to better deal with bullying or violence by developing awareness and prevention strategies, reinforced with practical drills that are safe, focussing on prevention, escaping, or surviving real or potential threats. AGKK Self Defence encourage non-violent resolutions as primary objectives.
AGKK Kids Safe Primary School Students Anti-bullying and Self Defence
The AGKK Kids Safe program focuses on educating children on the negative effects of violence and bullying. Topics may include; awareness and prevention strategies, saying no to bullies, being a good bystander, and street smart safety tips (in home, telephone, internet, public transport, at the shops, on holidays, what if I am lost). Positive body and verbal language, maintaining a safe range, passive escapes and getting help.
AGKK Instructors that run programs are fully qualified professional instructors with working with children checks, and selected for their expertise with educating children. Programs can be fitted to suit your schools timetable and budget.
The programs contain both physical and non-physical components and depending on the group, we can include stress management and healthy habit elements. We offer both single session programs and term long programs both small groups to much larger groups. We manage the program to according to age and group energy.
We teach through positive inspiration to ensure your students have a great experience learning more about Self Defence and finding their voice in confronting situations. We pride ourselves in creating a program that not only empowers students but also makes them think about the importance of attitude and confidence. Our main aim is to educate students on conflict resolution and what to do in situations when they feel unsafe.
AGKK Self Defence specialises in School Student Self Defence. Bernie Haughey has 30 years’ experience as a Self Defence instructor for Schools and individuals. He is highly qualified and experienced. As well as running Self Defence programs at studios throughout Brisbane, Bernie Haughey Sensei conducts extensive Self Defence and Awareness programs in Brisbane in state and private schools. Bernie Sensei and all other instructors are Government licensed, with qualifications in coaching with the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme, current First Aid certification and holders of the Commission for Children and Young People Suitability Card. Bernie Sensei has over thirty years of experience in this industry has enabled him to provide students with the latest personal protection training. Training is enjoyable and educational.
School Student Self Defence – Aims
Our Aim is to provide schools and students the skills to avoid violence and enhance a preventative, proactive attitudes and behaviours. The principle outcomes of the personal safety sessions is that students feel more positive about what they ‘can do’, gaining appropriate and empowering verbal and physical skills to respond positively to potentially violent and dangerous situations.
The skills gained reduce the possibility of a student either passively accepting or conversely reacting in an overly negative violent manner to threatening or intimidating behaviour. Outcomes for program participants include:
- Developed awareness and prevention skills to reduce the likelihood of being attacked and understanding threatening body language
- Fear / crisis management skills so students become empowered and more positive in uncertain situations with better decision making skills to find an escape plan if required.
- Use of a range of safety strategies that reduce confusion and fear.
- Ability to respond effectively to feeling uncomfortable or at risk through the use of verbal and physical skills.
- Positive change in the attitude and behaviour of students.
Our wealth of experience teaching atSchool Community Level Programs assists in our depth of knowledge and passion for assisting children and teens to make safer decisions. The Self Defence training that is preventative and proactive.
Delivery of Schools Self Defence Programs
- Professional, confidential and friendly
- Workshops are conducted on site; only a clear, covered space is required
- All aspects of facilitation, equipment and insurance are provided
- Workshops are specific and tailored to your School and students circumstances
- The format is flexible and can be customised to suitthe needs of your students, the time available and your desired outcomes
- Practical techniques, designed to help students in real life situations
- We increase student safety awareness
Benefits to Schools and Students
- Education received in awareness and forward planning reduces risks and encourages positive outcomes
- Team building, improving self-esteem and confidence, cultivating positive interactions between students, increasing calmness and improving emotional resilience to stress
- Students develop a more pro-active and conscious “Preventative Attitude” and become more solutionfocused
- Self-Discipline, motivation and mindfulness
- Develop more confidence and resilience
- Self Defence strategies for physical and mental bullying
- Self Defence training aids in controlling and reducing risks, and improves safety both inside and outside of the school environment
We offer a variety of programs
- Anti-Bullying & Personal Safety
- Recognising abuse and the warning signals
- Predator/prey relationships
- Anti-bullying and stranger danger
- Conflict resolution & exit strategies
- Reading body language
- Power of choice
- Decision making under pressure
- Physical self defence
- Normalising fear
- Power of decision making
- Emotional intelligence
- Relationship violence
- Relaxation & Breathing
- Stress management before exams
- Creating good habits
- Relaxation and breathing exercise routines
- Soft exercise programs
Each program is specifically designed to suit your situation. Major emphasis of each program is placed on your environment and your needs.
AGKK School Self Defence classes are available in and around Brisbane.
Make a Booking
To inquire about the diverse range of Self Defence services available for individual, group or business Self Defence training Call Bernie Shihan on 0409 474 494 or use the inquiry form below.